Monday, January 21, 2008

Custom ring tones for your LG Rumor (LX-260)


What's the best site out there to download cell phone ring tones or games from? And once I download them, how do I get them on my phone?

I blogged earlier this month that I got a new phone. I didn't opt in on the Sprint Vision internet service. So how does someone download to/from my phone without Internet?

Meritline has a deal right now on a Bluetooth wireless dongle adapter for $7.50 shipped. How's that for a good deal?! That should let me connect my PC/laptop to my phone.

To double my pleasure and for a little faster upload/download, I also found a deal at Buy.com on a microSD card. It's pretty easy to copy images taken from the digital camera onto the microSD card and then transfer them to . . .wherever. I assume it's just as easy to transfer with Bluetooth. There's a pretty good post on the SprintUsers forum on how to create and upload ringtones on an LG Rumor LX-260 phone.

What I'm still trying to figure out is how to upload ring tones downloaded from the Internet (to my PC) onto my phone. I'd follow the instructions above, but it would be nice to be able to use a non-video ring tone. That way, the images I've assigned to callers will still appear when my phone rings with the custom ringtone. Maybe I could save them as a voice memo and retrieve them on my microSD memory card? We'll see . . .

UPDATE: Here's a post from Yahoo! Answers that seems to answer my question!

Now, if anyone knows where to get the java/mobile version of Pac-Man or Tetris for free, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I followed that set of instructions you linked to, but I'm a bit lost with this "ENV" and "MySounds" business.. what are these things, and how do I send them from myself to myself? lol, I'm so lost..