Monday, January 7, 2008

Wanna get away?

Today was my first day back at work after a 2 week winter break. As I was walking down the hallway sporting my bigger belly, some of my former students stopped me to ask a question. I heard them ask, "What did you do?"...referring to my growing my belly. I quickly and cutely responded by saying "What do you think I did?" Then they said, "No, When are your due?" Oh my gosh...was I embarrassed! The worst thing about it was that these girls were not the only ones who were engaged in the conversation, but there was a group of boys interested in what we were talking about as well. I felt like I was in a Southwest Airlines commercial and I was waiting for a voice to come over the loud speaker that said, "Wanna get away?!"

1 comment:

Layne said...

Funny, my friend. I love it!