Saturday, February 23, 2008

The eighth inning

When I got back from the cafeteria, I arrived and was surprised to see Amanda wearing an oxygen mask and a heart monitor probe attached to the baby's head! The nurse said that the heart monitor inside the elastic band around Amanda's waist wasn't picking up a signal and that the probe was a necessary step. Giving her oxygen was just a precautionary measure.

Amanda, you'll love that I've chronicled this for history! After arriving back and catching up on her progress -- she was now dilated to 6 cm -- I decided to kick back and relax with Amanda. By now, the epidural was in full effect and she wasn't feeling a thing. I had the reclining chair pulled out so I could face Amanda and was in a full horizontal stretch when she asked me, "What smells like Cheetos?" I couldn't smell it, but she sure could. Turns out the reason I couldn't smell it was because the smell was exactly 6 feet from my nose (it was my feet!).

No comments: