Saturday, February 23, 2008

Final preparations

With all of our preparations made, I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some sleep. That was easy enough for Dave!

I, on the other hand, was busy nesting in high gear . . . I took a bath (couldn't have hairy legs for the big event!). Cleaned the bathroom. Organized more baby stuff. Prepared the guest room for my parents. Tried to fall asleep (hoping I would be one of those lucky ones that could sleep during labor), but that did not work. So I tried reading to pass some time. But when I found myself unable to finish a paragraph due to the sharp pain in my abdomen, I figured it was time to wake Dave and get on the road to the hospital.

I woke Dave up shortly after midnight. He packed the car and we drove off with Pacey chasing us down the street. JC and Zsuzsanna offered to watch Pacey when the time came, and sure enough, the time was here. Dave walked Pacey up to their door and, surprisingly, JC was still awake. Keslie sure was happy see Pacey.

With all of our preparations complete, we made the 7-block drive to the hospital. We arrived at the emergency room entrance around 12:30 am and, after filling out some quick paperwork, wheeled up to the labor and delivery area (note: pre-registering ahead of time saved us time when quickness counted.) They put us in room 4, the same room we had for our practice run.

No comments: