Sunday, February 17, 2008

Surprise . . .Happy Valentine's Day!

After Tuesday night's practice run, I was a little worried that my little surprise wouldn't work. Well not to worry . . .it worked exactly as planned!

Look at that picture of her . . .isn't she the most beautiful 9-month pregnant woman you've seen?! Thursday was Valentine's Day, and after Amanda got me last year, I couldn't resist repaying the favor.

Last year, Amanda went in together with some girlfriends and surprised me and two of my co-workers (Scott and Rob) with a singing barbershop quartet. Imagine 3 guys standing next to each other being serenaded by four old-timers. Yep, and not to just one song, but two!

This year, Amanda's third hour class was able to witness first-hand the depths of our love. They were happy to partake -- and skip out on their planned quiz. I hope they thank me this Tuesday when I come in to wrap up week 3 of our Junior Achievement curriculum.

On a side note, you can't beat the price on this hot deal. The price tag includes two songs, a rose, a box chocolate and photos of the event with your significant other in full surprise mode -- which is priceless!

1 comment:

Scott and Kristen said...

I'm sure the baby appreciated the surprise serenade as well! Amanda looks sooooo cute! I can just hear her sweet laugh!

Kristen